The Storage Tips You Need
From picking the right storage unit, to efficient packing and moving tips, Argus Professional Storage Management's 90+ facilities are there to help every step of the way. If you’re unfamiliar with self storage or have never moved homes before, you’ll love our handy tips and moving guide.
- Label boxes on all sides for easy identification. If you need packing materials, our self storage facilities have moving and storage supplies for purchase.
- Wrap furniture legs with bubble wrap, furniture covers, or pads to prevent scratching.
- Limit box weight to 30 pounds or less for easy moving and stacking.
- Create a center aisle in your storage unit for easy access to your items.
- Store photographs flat to avoid them curling over time.
- Stack boxes on pallets to allow for airflow around and under items
For the ultimate moving guide click the link below:
With a few handy tips and a little bit of planning, moving and storing can be a breeze. Take a look at our easy guide to stress-free moving.
- 6-8 Weeks Before Moving: Make a list of items you will move into storage and get estimates from a few different moving companies.
- 4-5 Weeks Before Moving: Submit a U.S. Postal Service change of address and provide your new address to all accounts tied to your current home. Contact utility companies to set a date to disconnect services and call ahead to have your utilities connected in your new home.
- 2-4 Weeks Before Moving: Start packing items you don’t currently need. If you’re renting a storage unit, now is the time to start deciding which items to store and which to move.
- 1 Week Before Moving: Label your boxes with directions like “load last,” “fragile,” or “load first.” Pack a box separately with items you’ll need right away when you get to your new home.
- Moving Day: Check the whole house thoroughly to make sure nothing has been left behind. Make sure that you are present throughout the loading process.
- Move-in Day: While unloading your boxes, make sure your items are damage-free and that everything has arrived.